We share the mission of New York Public Radio: to make the mind more curious, the heart more open and the spirit more joyful. But while radio and podcasts are media made for millions, The Greene Space aims to change the world one person at a time, moving New Yorkers to the intersection of art and politics, leading courageous conversations and curating performances of intense beauty that are deeply rooted locally but relevant to audiences globally.
The Greene Space channels the collective genius of New York City to create forward-looking live art, theater and journalism that sparks change.
The Greene Space’s values are expressed not only in the programs we present on stage, but also in how we meet our audiences both in person and online.
- We create work to change the future, while also honoring the artists and storytellers who cut the path we now walk.
- We stand for truth.
- We believe transformative moments happen face-to-face, one person at a time.
- We remix the voices of New York City so that the powerful and the powerless can be heard equally.
- We take risks to make new experiences.
The Greene Space exists to make live art and journalism by and for all New Yorkers eager to join us in creating a stronger, more beautiful and equitable world. Racism, sexism, ableism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination will not be tolerated here. All entrances and audience spaces within the venue are single-level and fully accessible. Our restrooms feature diaper changing tables.
If you have concerns about access to The Greene Space or any aspect of your experience visiting us, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find answers to common questions about our house policies here.
The Greene Space works in collaboration with individuals, teams and organizations whose mission and values align with ours. When we create programming, we ask, does this piece of work…
- Spark curiosity, empathy and unexpected connections?
- Speak truth, both as an invitation and as a provocation?
- Amplify underrepresented perspectives?
- Level hierarchies among people, ideas and culture?
- Look and sound like New York City?
- Contribute to necessary civic and artistic dialogue in our city, our country, our world?
Each ongoing series in The Greene Space has additional criteria specific to its focus and format. For example, our monthly variety show 44 Charlton books adventurous NYC-based artists in all genres/no genre to present performances that run 5-15 minutes in length.
If you’d like to pitch a guest or topic for an existing series or propose a new partnership, exhibition, speaker, artist, or program, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Donate Products or Services to The Greene Space
The Greene Space offers audiences drinks, food and activities pre-show that are as engaging, relevant and local as the programs they come to see on stage. Partners who donate products or services aligned with our programming receive recognition at specific events or all season long, depending on partnership duration and scope. To propose a partnership, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.